Friday, January 11, 2013

Support group update

In late November, I wrote about the local support group and how I was planning to go back. 

That hasn't happened.

I really don't have any reasons that I haven't gone back yet.  I know I get a great deal out of the group.  It has been very good for me in the past because it gets me out and also allows me to be with other people who can truly empathize with me and my situation.

I just haven't returned yet.

I could make up excuses and give all sorts of reasons why I've yet to attend again.  But it doesn't matter.  No one is forcing me to go or report if I'm going or not.  The only person who suffers if I don't attend is me.  And it's not that I "suffered" but I cannot benefit if I don't go. 

It really is as simple as that. 

I believe that I want and need to return to the support group.  And I need to do it sooner rather than later.  I'm setting February 4, 2013 as the deadline for attending.  This will help me figure out if I truly want to attend or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment