Wednesday, January 16, 2013

No change...yet?

I've been taking 300 mg of Wellbutrin for one week now.  To be honest, I don't feel one bit different.  I have had a few bursts of some really happy and great moments, nothing I would consider as mania so no fears there.  My panic/anxiety has neither increased nor decreased.  I really don't think it is doing much of anything.

In one week I will call Dr. S to report how I'm doing so there is still time for it to kick in and show some improvement.  From what I can recall, if we aren't seeing an improvement from the increased dosage, We will take it back down to 150 mg and increase my Zoloft.  But I'm not 100% sure if that was the plan or not.

Overall, I just want something to work.  I want to feel better and have some motivation.  I'd like my anxiety to decrease immensely.  But I still want to feel my emotions.  I need to feel my emotions.

My husband and I had a talk the other morning about how important it is for me to be able to experience my emotions.  While I had never thought about it beyond that I just know I need to feel and express my emotions, my husband pointed out that he feels the experiencing of emotions is an important and necessary part of who I am.  I need to experience those feelings so I can process them and get past them. It is a part of my process and a key to my well-being

He really does know me well.  And I am so very lucky for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment