Sunday, January 27, 2013

What if the new dosages don't do it?

Since I'm on a new dosage of Zoloft and back to my original dosage of Wellbutrin, I have been wondering what will happen if this doesn't do what we are hoping it will.  To the best of my recollection, Dr. S and I didn't make a plan beyond where we are now.  He did once again mention that we can max out on Zoloft by getting to 200 mg.  I would guess that would be the next step if I'm not feeling where I want to be and having some motivation.

But what if I don't improve and the side effects of an increased Zoloft dosage show up?  I'm most concerned about the idea of getting numbed out and not being able to experience my emotions fully.  I'm also worried about the weight gain and sexual side effects.  If that happens, I would guess we wouldn't again up the dosage.

So where does that leave me?

I'm full of all sorts of "what ifs?" that are starting to drive me just a little bit bonkers.  I know it does me absolutely no good at all to worry about something that hasn't happened yet and might not even happen.  I also know that being apprehensive about all these potential problems only makes me more prone to panic attacks.

It is difficult, but I'm trying to direct my thoughts towards the positive.  I and trying to remember that my doctor knows what he is doing and knows what my needs are.  I keep pushing myself to recall that there are multiple methods for alleviating my mental illness issues.

One step at a time, I guess.  And do what I can to keep Mr. Worry at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment