Friday, January 11, 2013

Price of happiness, again

My husband picked up my new Wellbutrin prescription and my Zoloft prescription.  I was concerned that the Wellbutrin would cost around $60.00 since it was double the amount of pills.  I was even more afraid that it would be difficult, if not impossible, for us to afford that on a monthly basis.  In fact, I had even considered going back to the doctor and letting him know that the increased dosage on the Wellbutrin was just not an option for us. 

I certainly was surprised when he returned from the pharmacy.

The two, 30-count bottles of Wellbutrin somehow cost less than the last time I filled the prescription for just one, 30-count bottle.  Instead of $32.89 it was $30.30.  The Zoloft was also cheaper.  Usually it is $13.30 but this time it was only $5.40.  Very happy about that.

Since my prescription card is a discount card, I have to wonder if said discount can be different each time.  I hope that is not the case because our budget demands that we be aware or how much our recurring bills are.  Perhaps it is because of Obama-care.  Honestly, it doesn't matter why my meds were cheaper.  They were and that is what matters.

It is a huge relief that the meds were not as pricey as I had thought they would be.  I am happy that I will be able to follow my doctor's orders.  Now I can actually feel hopeful that this new med regime might be the right combo to get to the place I want and need to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment