Thursday, January 17, 2013

My doggies

I'm an animal person.  I love most living creatures (not a fan of most birds, fish, spiders or ticks).  Spending time with animals has a very calming effect on me, especially if they are my pets.

Meet Oz the Rat Terrier and Katana the Shih Tzu. 

While I have step kids, these critters are truly my babies.  I have raised them from puppies.  I have been the main person involved with their care and training.  They look to me as their leader and provider. 

Our relationship is one of give and take.

They provide me a great deal of comfort.  At times, they are the only things that force me to get out of bed.  Perhaps it is because they rely on me so wholly and completely or maybe it is just because I love them so very much.  Katana, especially, seems to really be in tune with my emotions and moods.

Most people in my life understand my love of my pets.  These people don't laugh when I post pictures of them with captions clearly expressing love and devotion.  They understand that I can tear up looking into their faces.  When I have incredible anxiety when I must leave them for more than a day, they are the ones who are there to comfort me. 

My dogs are part of my healing process.  They assist me in coping with my life when times are tough.  I would be very lost without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment