Thursday, January 24, 2013

Medication roulette

January 23 marked the day that I'd been on the upped dosage of Wellbutrin for two weeks.  I tried to get in touch with Dr. S that day but it was his day off.  I was unable to leave a message because:
  1. The Clinic has obviously never heard of something called voicemail.
  2. The live person I spoke with clearly had never heard of taking a pen in hand and writing a message on a piece of paper.
Ridiculous!

I was finally able to speak with his nurse today and relayed that I wasn't seeing any difference on the new dosage of Wellbutrin.  She asked what the doctor had planned for me so I told her what I could remember.  The nurse said she would check his dictation and speak with him directly and get back to me.  When I still hadn't received a phone call by 6:00 pm, I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be hearing back from them that day.  Shortly before 7:00 pm, his nurse called.

Our new "plan" is what Dr. S had discussed with me on my last visit.  I will bump my Wellbutrin back to 150 mg a day and will increase my Zoloft from 100 mg to 150 mg per day.  I am to call the doctor back in two weeks to report how things are going.  This means I need to call on Friday, February 8.

The nurse went ahead and called in the changed prescription.  I don't need refills yet but I'm getting them since I got a text message notification from my pharmacy informing me that I have two prescriptions ready to be picked up.  Guess I will be doing that tomorrow.

I'm hopeful that this tweak in my medication will be the one we've been hoping for.  You know, the one where the clouds part and a glorious ray of sunshine beams down upon me.  I am optimistic even though my past screams to be a pessimist.  Only time will tell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment