Saturday, January 26, 2013

Price of happiness (change #5)

So, with the dosages going down on Wellbutrin and up on Zoloft, we have yet a different price on meds.  Woot! 

Zoloft is now $7.35 (a prescription and a half = 45 pills).
Wellbutrin is now $15.90 for the 30 150mg tablets (last time I filled for just 30 it was $32.89).

It's a bit strange how the prices keep changing.  I'm not complaining because they keep getting less expensive for me but I'm curious as to why they are going down in cost. 

One thought is that the prescription discount card works differently all the time.  Since I don't really know how the discount card works, I don't know if this is due to the current cost of the medications or what discounts are being offered by the manufacturer or if it is just luck of the draw.  I'm fine as long as we don't increase a great deal since we budget for my meds.

Another thought is that it has to do with Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) which is often called Obama Care.  To be honest, I really don't know what PPACA will and won't do for me so I cannot say if lowering the cost of prescription medication is something it is meant to help.  If it is, then I am incredibly grateful for that.  As someone who currently doesn't have health insurance, every little bit of help in regards to my medical needs is appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment