Friday, September 28, 2012

The toolbox, part 2

I mentioned that my best friend has what she refers to as her toolbox in this post.  I got a bit more information and think I have a better grasp on what it is and how to use it.  Li explained it that the things in her toolbox were the things she could do to better handle situations.  They are things that she is good at and things that she tends to forget about when she is in crisis mode or the deeper throes of depression.  They are tricks to help cope and are mechanisms to bring her back to present.  These tools are things like meditation, listening to music, dance, prayer, painting, etc.  She has some cute little boxes that hold index cards so she wrote on each index card a tool and then will pull from that randomly.  

Yesterday, I had a few readings done by my best friends Li and Lo.  Both of them hinted towards the need for me to create my own toolbox.  I know I need to work on it but the actual motivation to get it started is just not there.  My quest for perfection also tends to get in the way since I want the collection to be nice.  If I would just start it, I'm sure it will start to roll rather quickly.  But, it's the starting that I'm having issues with at the present moment.

Perhaps I will look for a pretty box first.  That will help with the motivation to fill it will beauty.

And I will.

Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment