Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dosage change

Since Dr. S prescribed my medication on Monday, I have, per his request, been only taking 50 mg of Zoloft each day.  He wanted to slowly introduce the meds into my system but was also wanting to be careful if the bi-polar diagnosis is true. 

Tomorrow, I start on the 100 mg pills.

In the past, 100 mg has been the magical dosage.  I hope that will still be the case since I don't know the maximum dosage for Zoloft.  I'm not against using a different anti-depressant but would rather only do so if the Zoloft stops working or if I hit the max dosage and am still not where I need/want to be mentally.

I know the meds cannot be working yet so I'm chalking up my slightly brighter mood to the placebo effect.  Regardless, it feels good to know that I am doing something about this and not just letting the depression run my life.  I'm also taking control back, even if I need to do it with the help of a prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment