Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A week and a day

I've been back on meds for a week and a day.  Although I know I should not be able to tell a difference quite yet, I do feel better.  I'm chalking it up to the placebo effect.  And it's not like I felt bad in the first place.  I wasn't myself and I was having a lot more down/bad days/moments than good/up days/moments.  But ever since I started my meds, I've felt better.

The crying has diminished immensely.  I've always been an emotional person and can cry for almost any reason - traumatic, sad, happy, moving, etc.  The tears have been coming easier and more frequently lately.  But in the past week, I don't think I've had a crying jag once.  I even watched some TV shows that usually make me tear up and nada.

Sleep is happening.  Most nights I'm going to bed  between 10:00 pm and 11:00 pm and am waking up between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm.  Nine hours of sleep seems to be a good number for me.  My husband has started on a wacky work schedule where he has to wake up at 3:00 am to be in by 4:00 am so his alarm wakes me up.  I've been able to go back to sleep rather easily the past two days but we might have to work out a different system since that wake up seems to make me need an additional hour or two of sleep.

I am eating more.  I'd forgotten that the Zoloft seems to make me hungrier.  I know a potential side effect is weight gain but I've never gained much in the past when taking the med.  I do recall the first few months being a bit of a feeding frenzy that did taper off down to my typical eating habits.

All in all, I really feel like things are improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment