Friday, November 16, 2012

The price of happiness has gone down

I mentioned that I had found a discount prescription site and requested information.  It is a free site and the info sent to you is also free.  I was a bit worried it was a total scam but so far, it seems legit.  I don't receive random emails, phone calls or text messages from them.  The only communication was them sending me some coupons to my email address to use if needed before my card arrived. 

The card arrived earlier this week and since I needed to have my prescriptions for Zoloft and Wellbutrin refilled, I decided to give it a try.  I use the pharmacy at Walmart and it was listed as a participating pharmacy so I was hopeful.  I still don't have health insurance so any help, no matter how little, makes a difference.

When I picked up my meds yesterday, I handed the card over and the pharmacist assistant looked confused but she said she would run it anyway.  I waited and was starting to feel like it was a hopeless cause when she summoned me to the counter.  It did work and I did get a discount.  It wasn't all that much but it helps.

I haven't had my Ativan refilled yet so I don't know what kind of savings I will get on it but will report that when I can.  But here are the new prices, with the discount applied:
  • Bupropion HCL (generic form of Wellbutrin) 150 mg XL tablet -- $38.08 $32.89 for thirty tablets, saving $5.19
  • Sertraline (generic form of Zoloft) 100 mg tablet --$19.72 $13.20 for thirty tablets, saving $6.52
My total savings equaled $11.71.  I'll take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment