Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sweet dreams

Hubby is on the night shift again.  He leaves the house between 9:00 and 9:45 pm and is generally home around 8:00 am, 6:00 am at the earliest.  This has been working very well for me in regards to a sleep schedule.

Most nights, I'm going to bed as he is leaving, or shortly after.  I get up by 8:00 am at the latest but usually am up somewhere around 6:00 am.  I'm getting the sleep I need and feel rested throughout the day and only start to feel tired when it gets close to bedtime.  I'm no longer taking naps during the day.

Yesterday I had a massive headache and a very sore throat so I took a few smallish naps.  Doing so bit me in the ass come bedtime and I ended up not not being able to fall asleep until somewhere close to 4:00 am.  I did get up just after 8:00 am since the dogs decided they'd had enough sleep and wanted to get outside and then have some breakfast.  Small blessings for needy doggies who think their needs should come first. 

Since I didn't want to fall back into an up late, sleep in late sleep schedule, I got up and have been up all day.  I'm sure I will sleep well tonight.  I should but you never know what the body will decide to do at any given moment. 

I am really hoping to maintain this schedule.  I like it and it really works well for me and will continue to work well once my husband returns to his regular job and his typical hours.  I'm also hopeful that I will find a 9-5 type of job so I'll already have the sleep thing covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment