Monday, November 19, 2012

Crabby and impatient

Earlier this evening, my hubby and I were looking at some of the Black Friday advertisements online.  We often look at these ads for the good buys on thing we need and gifts for the holidays.  I hadn't felt well all day and he was tired and just in a lazy mindset.  However, we decided to look at them anyway.

This was a small mistake.

We used my laptop so I was opening pages, scrolling and whatnot.  He was leaning back on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and cuddling with the dogs.  I asked him to tell me when he was ready to go to the next page and he did, just not always in a clear manner that indicated he was definitely ready to move on.  This caused some impatience on my part since I was doing the mousing.  He also couldn't read many of the words on the ads because he was so far away from the screen.  He would ask me what something was.

Finally, I got crabby...maybe even bitchy...and snapped at him slightly because he was fully capable of sitting up to see better or running the mouse on his own.

That was when I realized I needed an Ativan.  I excused myself and took one using the place it under your tongue method that is encouraged to speed up the medicine getting into your bloodstream.  For the record, it really doesn't taste bad.

When I reentered the living room, he asked me what I'd gone to do.  I told him nothing and we went about browsing the ads some more.  There were some more instances of crabby so I told him that I had taken an Ativan because I realized I was being impatient and crabby towards him.  He apologized.  I apologized.

In the end, it went better.  Neither of us was in the right mindset to be looking at the ads in the first place so it only progressed from bad to worse.  Talking it through helped and the Ativan made a difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment