Monday, October 22, 2012

Taking on a new responsibility

Meds must be working because...I went ahead and signed up to chair the Setup/Clean up Committee for post prom.  I'm already feeling a little bit of apprehension about this but know that it will be fine.  My husband is my co-chair so he knows my signs and how to best help me work through any issues that may arise.

The prom isn't until March but the planning needs to start now.  This chairperson role involves chairing the committee (obviously) but also conducting monthly meetings and all things that go with said meeting.  We have a small list of suggestions and tips but it seems like we will be somewhat flying by the seats of our pants. 

So yes, a little apprehension but I wouldn't have signed up to do it if I didn't think I would be able to handle it.  Husband will help but I know he's mostly there for the muscle and that I will be the one doing the planning and organizing.  I know I can do this and am a little excited to have some responsibilities outside of the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment