Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I hate the word good-bye

Li and her husband are almost completely moved.  Li is pretty much settled into the new house while her hubby and son are finishing up with cleaning and repairs.

I feel a bit lost.

We text almost daily and connect via email, Facebook, Google + very often.  Neither of us are phone people so that's only used when necessary.  We have a planned Skype date.  So it's not like I'm alone or anything but I just miss the crap out of her.

It's hard to explain how I feel about her and even more difficult to describe our relationship so I'm not going to try at this time.  She is one of the best friends I've ever had.  I know that we will never NOT be friends.

Missing her and thinking about the fact that she no longer lives close to me, makes me sad.  Those feelings are not pushing my depression further into the bad space, but they do grin their little smug faces at me when I'm already having a rough day.

With time, the pain will lessen.  This will be especially true if we do stay in contact the way we are planning.  Like many parts of my life, it is a wait-and-see thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment