Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Quickie

I haven't posted in a while and it is not because nothing has been going on.  Actually, quite a bit has been happening but I've just been unmotivated to up-date.  I don't really feel like playing catch up so I'm just going to do a few highlights.

Blu - My Blu ecig starter kit arrived.  It is perfect.  I smoke without the nicotine, tar, etc. and get to use it as a tension breaker and stress reliever.  I love it and I have really been able to cut down on my Ativan.

Driving - I'm currently house and pet sitting for my dad and his wife while they are on vacation.  I drove here by myself.  It's a huge accomplishment for me.  For one, I had to drive through Lincoln which meant lots of cars, lots of exits and more lanes of traffic.  I also had to drive in to Omaha and am driving around Omaha.  That means crazy traffic, unfamiliar areas and much more insanity.  But I'm doing okay.

I also had to make a fast trip back home on Sunday because my Katana was having anxiety issues.  We drove back to Kearney and then turned around to come back to Omaha.  I was gone from my father's house for just over seven hours, six of which were spent driving.

Meds - I've been on the 150 mg of Zoloft for just over a week now.  Nothing.  I need to call Dr. S and let him know.  Wonder what will happen next?

Out of my safe zone - Because I am house and dog sitting, I'm not in my familiar surroundings with my things and my life.  It stresses me out but, so far, I'm doing fairly well.  I will be here for at least five more days.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any issues.

Being busy and visiting people - During my time in Omaha, I have scheduled a visit to friends and family.  Every day I'm going to see someone.  This is also a little overwhelming for me but I put myself into this position.  I almost backed out of seeing a darling friend, her husband and the munchkins because I was feeling nervous and panicked.  But I didn't and I'm really glad that I went to see them.  It was good for my soul.

I might elaborate on some of the above blurbs at some point, but for now, it's a good record of issues and how I'm dealing with any problems that may arise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment