Friday, April 5, 2013

Prescription plan

Late next week or early the week after, I will be contacting the doctor.  The meds aren't really making much of a difference one way or the other.  The only noticeable improvement since September was the first prescription when I went from not being on meds to being on them.  Adding the Wellbutrin seemed to make things a little bit worse - my good days were fewer and my bad days were more common.  It wasn't a huge difference or dramatic or in need of reporting. 

Since the current cocktail isn't helping me to be where I want to be and to where I know I can be, I'm curious about the next step.  I'm maxed out on the Zoloft and have at least 2 bumps available on the Wellbutrin.  It would make sense to bump up the Wellbutrin.  Or add a third medication, fourth actually if you include the "as needed" Ativan. 

I want to ask to drop the Wellbutrin and see how I do without it.  Since I feel that it might be doing more harm than good, it's a logical step to me.  Besides, the less medication I am on, the better in my opinion.  I have no clue if this will be an option but I'm going to ask. 

Cost of Wellbutrin is up to $32.89 for 30 tabs.  That is more than double the price of my last refill.  I just don't get it.  My Zoloft price remained the same at $22.90 for 60 tabs.  Both are still less than the market price for someone without insurance and/or a prescription card.  I'll take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment