Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Leap of faith

Li shared a video with me that lead me to discovering the awesomeness that is Lissa Rankin.  One bit of love that she offers to her readers is called "The Daily Flame."  It's a bit of loveliness that sometimes makes me smile, sometimes makes me cry, and always makes me think.  It arrives in my inbox Monday-Friday.  Sometimes the universe works in mysterious ways and really hits me hard with actual life struggles or questions.  This came the other day from my Inner Pilot Light.

Dearest Shanda,

You know that leap of faith you're considering making?

Yes. That one.

Let me give you a little hint to help you make it.

When the pain of staying put exceeds your fear of the unknown, you leap. When that time comes, you simply can't stay anymore. One day, you can. The next, it's impossible. It doesn't mean you won't be afraid, but the relative fear is no longer strong enough to support the inaction because the pain of inaction becomes intolerable.

So it's okay to be in a place of inaction if that's where you are right now. The fear of the unknown can be incredibly powerful but uncertainty is a spiritual lesson. On one side of uncertainty lies the anxiety that accompanies the fear of the unknown. But on the other side lies possibility, potential, the magical realization that when you don't know what will happen, ANYTHING can happen.

Magic lies just around the corner.

Trust that the uncertain future will be more glorious than you ever dreamed, that the Universe has great things in store for you, even when you have no proof that it will be so.

So, precious Shanda, be infinitely compassionate with yourself as you consider your decision. Whatever your decision, the day will come when you'll just know. As Anais Nin said, "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Keep listening to me, and when the time is right to leap, I promise, you'll know.

Here with a parachute,

Your Inner Pilot Light


Sign up for your own bit of awesomeness from your Inner Pilot Light here.

No comments:

Post a Comment