Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's not you...it's me


I have issues with this statement.  On one hand, I agree.  If it is important enough you can usually find a way.

However, as someone who has clinical depression, wicked anxiety problems and a smidgen of agoraphobia, I may love you more than anything else in this world but be unable to be there for you since I am too busy battling the demons in my head.  It doesn't mean that I don't care.  It just means I have to make myself the priority.  Please do not be upset or offended. 

Besides, if I'm dealing with any of those issues, I won't be very supportive or fun to be around.  I won't be able to focus on you or our time together.  I will not be good company.  It's likely I will be snappish, moody and bitchy. 

Sometimes just keeping myself sane and not tumbling into the abyss that is my own mind is literally all I can do.  It is the only thing I can do.  It is the only thing I have enough energy to try to handle. 

I don't like it and get downright pissed when it affects my life and the lives of my friends and family.  But it is not something I can control.  I cannot plan around it.  I cannot set it aside momentarily while I do something else.  It is all-consuming and exhausting.

Really, it's not you...it's me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I've been doing some profile snooping and saw yours mentioned The Lost Boys as an interest!! Im a big fan too!! Could you please take a look at my blog (www.thelostboysconfessions.blogspot.com) and maybe even follow? Thanks heaps!
    Love EJ xx

    ReplyDelete