Saturday, December 22, 2012

Must remember

In her infinite wisdom and amazing timing, Li shared this little blog with me.  I know she sent it after I relayed the events of the hectic weekend from hell which I will write about soon...probably.

The blog entry she sent is called "Radical Imperfection: Holiday Edition" and is found on the blog "Buffalo Tracts".  The entire entry is wonderful.  But the final message really struck a chord and is something I must remember.

So maybe I can cut myself a little slack. Maybe I can decide that this is a good chance to re-embrace my radical imperfection, and to start writing a little mental speech about how our flaws are what make us beautiful, just in case either of the nieces calls me on that little glue smear I couldn’t quite rub out. Maybe I can allow myself yet again to be human, to be accessible, to be a really good example of someone who made a really good effort and didn’t really make it to the mountaintop but people really loved her anyway.

Good stuff.  Really, really good stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment