Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Alcohol reactions

I don't drink very often anymore.  I will occasionally have a drink or take a sip of something but I generally elect to avoid alcohol.  No real reason except that I really don't enjoy drinking or getting drunk.  Alcoholism also runs in my family.

On my meds, it is recommended that you don't drink.  But I was curious how alcohol would affect me so I had a few mimosas on Christmas day morning.  My husband and I have started a tradition of having French toast, bacon or sausage and mimosas for breakfast on that day.  Since I wanted to know how alcohol might affect me, I decided it was a good time to give it a try since we didn't have any plans for the day and it would just be the two of us at home.

And I will not be drinking again, or at least as long as I am on my meds.

Initially I was fine and had a slight buzz from the champagne.  As time progressed, I got dizzy and felt exceptionally hot.  My brain function was not good.  I couldn't concentrate and was having problems selecting the right words and my memory was shot. 

It was not a good feeling. 

Chalking it up to experience and I'm glad to know that I should avoid alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment