Friday, September 20, 2013

Suicide prevention week/day 2013

The Bloggess wrote something last week that floored me because so much of it rang true.  You can read the entire post here, but this is what hit me...hard:

This week is Suicide Prevention Week.  I always appreciate that it comes in September because there’s something about September that wants to eat you.  I don’t know why.  I just know that depression lies and it lies the loudest and most convincingly in September.

She is so right.  There is something about Septermber that seems to just terrorize me.  I don't know what it is exactly but I do know there are some big triggers in the month.  Still...

The organization To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA) is very near and dear to my heart.  This year during suicide prevention week, they asked people to share why they cannot be replaced.  It's such a beautiful way to look at a heavy subject that spins it in a very positive direction.  I participated.



No comments:

Post a Comment