Monday, July 8, 2013

Two hundred

This is my 200th post.  It's hard to believe that I've posted that many times in less than a year.  Yes, a lot of it is fluffy filler stuff but it was still pertinent to me and my on-going battle.  Without a doubt, I have named my blog appropriately since it has been quite the roller coaster of a life. 

I'm getting better. Every day is a struggle and I never know if it will be a good day or a bad day.  I don't know if I will be able to participate in my own life in an active manner or if I will be stuck in my bed.  But I do keep going.


Keeping going, trying to progress, is all I can do.  It is the one thing that I have any sort of power over.  Each day I wake up and choose to fight.  I make the decision to not give up and to not give in to the depression.  Some days it may look like I'm not doing much towards my recovery and some days that is true.  But every day I am trying, taking steps in a positive direction.  Those steps are sometimes tiny, barely perceptible and sometimes they are giant leaps.  I will take anything I can as long as it is in the right direction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment